Tonga is a Polynesian kingdom of more than 170 South Pacific Islands, most of which are uninhabited. It is mostly lined in white beaches and coral reefs and covered with tropical rainforest.
- Langi: On the eastern end of the island are the Langi where tombs with huge blocks of stone are found rising in terraces.
- Water sports: Go for scuba diving and snorkeling. There are also sandy beaches and world standard surfing beach on the island of Eua.
- Flying foxes of Kolovai: Here you can find the rare flying foxes, dark brown fruit bats.
- Bellavista Café & Restaurant: A romantic top-floor Italian restaurant and a favorite eatery spot.
- Friends Café: A social and culinary magnet for visitors and locals with dependably good food.
- Tiger Inn: Perennially busy-eateries on the ocean side of Tonga serving the Western sausage and chips and delivering authentic Chinese noodle soup.
- Sandy Beach Resort: The best resorts with a row of elegant bungalows for sunset views.
- Vava’u Villa: The place offers a relaxing retreat with panoramic Pacific Ocean views. Also guests get free Continental breakfast and free use of bicycles.
- Flying Annie Moa: It is located at Neiafu and offers a shared lounge and free Wi-Fi. There is also an arrangement for airport transfers.
- Mystic Sands: It is situated on its own private beach. There is also an arrangement for picking up guests on diving and whale watching trips.
- Topai: Dough balls cooked in boiling water and served with coconut milk.
- Lu: A meal prepared for special occasions.
- Feke: Grilled octopus or squid prepared in coconut sauce.
Fua’amotu Airport is the main airport on Tongatapu. At the airport, you get a crowd of local taxi drivers or you can get around the place by private yacht.